Thursday, December 20, 2007

Reception Space

I am really excited about my Wedding venue, the Hilton San Diego Resort on Mission Bay. I love the ceremony site right on the bay, the cocktail hour site on the water, and the ballroom with the beautiful French doors that open up to pool and bay. However, lately I’ve been worried about the size of the room. The room is 2,560 square feet and they say it can seat up to 160 (but 160 is apparently tight). And I need to fit the band and dance floor (which is ideal with 130 according to my wedding guy at the Hilton). I think that about 150 people will attend the wedding. This space issue was making me SO nervous that I down loaded the Hilton’s meeting planning software and mapped out the room (below, to seat 160 at 17 tables). It looks tight but I think a packed room can add a lot of energy. What do you think … tight? OK?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin