Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm about to Go Postal

I originally intended to send the wedding invitations out LAST weekend. That was until the Long Beach post office would not hand-cancel them.

For those of you who've never had the pleasure of sending out bulky party invites this is what hand-cancelling is. Canceling is the ink-stamp used by the Post Office to note that a postage-stamp has been used. Typically this is applied by a machine at the Post Office that may be rough on your envelope, but hand stamping prevents this damage.

Basically the wedding invitation is thick and if it goes through the machine, it the invitation is likely to get mangled.

I want them to look like this nice hand canceled sample:



Well anyways, today my Mom took the invitations to the Jamul post office who would not hand cancel them and then to downtown San Diego post office only to find that they won't hand cancel on Mondays (and they will only do 25 invites at a time). Mother effer, I'm going postal!

Each post office has a blah blah blah reason about why they can't/won't do it. And I'm not the only bride to have this problem! Not to be mean, but I think the Postal Service is just lazy. I can't see any other reason why they won't do this. I mean, how long could this possibly take? It would take about 3 seconds an invite, for 100 invites, for a whopping 5 minutes total spent. C'mon Mr. Postman, just hand-cancel my invite, please!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin