Sunday, July 27, 2008

Punk’d

I’ll be the first to admit that I work with/for some of the coolest people in the world. Everyone says Accenture is great because we have great people and I couldn’t agree more. Well, it turns out that they are total pranksters too. This is what happened to me on Thursday…

I had an end-of-week sync up meeting with Trinity (my Manager) but right before the meeting she says that Darren (my Sr. Manager) is going to join us for the meeting because he needs to discuss and “HR Issue” with me. So I mildly panic and start racking my brain with “what did I do?!” So Darren and Trinity join me in the conference room and Darren start telling me HR called him regarding something I did/said to another co-worker. At this point, I’m practically shaking and all I can think is “oh crap, I’m fired and I don’t even know what I did!” Then Darren suddenly says, “we’re joking” and Trinity whips out a Wedding Present from for Darren and her: A gift certificate for a fancy dinner for two (dinner, drinks, dessert) at Ruth Chris in Maui! SUCH an awesome present and they TOTALLY punk’d me, which makes it ever better. I love my job.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin